Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel license and VMs / dedicated servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smartdog, Jan 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. smartdog

smartdog Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I currently have a license for cPanel / WHM on a VM. I plan on adding WHMCS to the mix also. As I add VMs or dedicated servers am I required to have a cPanel / WHM license on each or will one cPanel / WHM cover several VMs, and the dedicated license cover several dedicated servers? I'm guessing a separate license for each instance.

2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no relation of WHM and WHMCS license , both has different licensing. Since the cpanel license works on IP , the number of VMs or dedicated servers you add , each VM or dedicated server will need a seperate license.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @smartdog,

Yes, you'll need to purchase a separate cPanel & WHM license for each individual server. Let us know if you have any questions about how this works.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...