Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel license pricing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ashrafpro, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ashrafpro

ashrafpro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I hope I am posting in the right forum.
    I am a small business switched from reseller account to a dedicated server at Hetzner, I have little but enough experience in SSH, to monitor and restart services and backup accounts.

I can't afford the $45 monthly cPanel license, which is higher than the dedicated server itself, I don't need cpanel but just for creating new account, I have no experience to do so from ssh (creating ftp, databases, ..etc). So, I only renew license when I need to add a new account, just this.

The issue is, when I needed cPanel, it was on day 24th of the month, I was glad it asked me only for few dollars till the end of the month, so I paid and did the tasks, the next day I cancelled the license so not to renew for $45 next month, and I was not happy that cPanel refunded me :(

Is there a way I can use cPanel once per month for $10 :)

2. web-project

web-project Well-Known Member

you can use alternative control panels like webmin, plesk or use VPS server instead of dedicated server as license for VPS is cheaper.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @ashrafpro,

Our Customer Service Department is the best point of contact for license-related questions. You can open a support ticket or email them directly (cs@cpanel.net) for clarification on your questions.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ashrafpro

ashrafpro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    VPS is more expensive and less performance than dedicated, as you can check Hetzner.com offers Octacores servers with 32GB Ram and TBs of storage for less than $25

5. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's an interesting perspective.

I only use cPanel two or three times an hour .............. perhaps I can get them to pay me for the privilege o_O

Sorry I would write more, but there are snowflakes on my screen !

6. ashrafpro

ashrafpro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Here is the answer, not helpful at all

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    My apologies, but, your plan is just plain silly. If you can't afford a server with cPanel, you'll probably need to settle on a VPS with cPanel. If you need cPanel.

If you've got one of these;
    But can't make any money with it to be able to properly support your customers, I'd have to wonder why not. You could have 100's of customers on a server like that.

rpvw likes this.