The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel locale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cobeste, Sep 24, 2012.

1. cobeste

cobeste Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I would like to draw attention of those who would potentially be interested helping with cPanel locale translation. Since my company is not direct customer of cPanel, we have been interested in translating available locales in cooperation with cPanel.

Firstly we did not get a direct answer from cPanel. I would appreciate clearer a faster response, I do not think your message needs to have an image like"thank you for you cooperation, your are the best, we will work it out", although it is not the case.

Message 1
    Thank you for your interest and willingness to assist with the localization of cPanel. It's greatly appreciated.
    I'd like to take a moment to get you caught up with what we're doing here at cPanel in regards to translations. Currently, we're working on developing a new implementation of the locale system which will enable us to fully localize both the cPanel and WHM interfaces.
    We're at a point now where we can generate an output for all of the phrases in the interface, and we're now moving on to quality testing. We'll be testing in Spanish to start, and then once everything is adequate we'll be restoring the Japanese and Italian locales to our product. After this point we'll be identifying which locales we need to provide additionally.
    In regards to a locale specifically for the Slovak language I would recommend creating a feature request for this on our forums at Feature Requests for cPanel & WHM Here we work with the community on features they'd like implemented as well as working to keep them abreast of any changes to ongoing features.
    If you are unable to wait for the release of the new locale system, or the feature request process then there is also the ability to create your own custom locales in cPanel. You can locate this information via our documentation site at Locale Module Documentation
    If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Answer 1
    Thank you very much for answer.
    If I understood you correctly, the development of cPanel locales would enable more efficient language support. However, the priority of which language to incorporate would be up to your decision.
    I would like to ask you for clear answer whether the Slovak language could be incorporated into cPanel (and we eventually could work on translation), or there would be low priority to cooperate on this from your side.
    Since we are not direct customers of cPanel, there is no purpose to work on custom locale. We wrote you as a reaction to our answer from Bluehost company. I attach a copy of that email for clarification.

Best regards
    Message 2
    All of the code for cPanel is developed and tested in house. We typically do not include third-party code, including locales, into our builds. At this time we're not looking into developing or including any new locales into our build until the new localization system has been implemented.
    While I do understand the benefit that a locale for the Slovak can have, I'm afraid that there isn't a way to immediately include it in a build without considerable development, testing, and resources. At this time the best way to go about having this included in future iterations of cPanel is to submit a Feature Request and gather the support of the community.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Unclear on your comments as posted. Message1 above seems to be from someone at cPanel, Message2 seems to be from your Hosting Provider. What other answer are you looking for?

3. cobeste

cobeste Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Sorry for unclear statement. Message 1 and Message 2 are from your cPanel support. Answer 1 was my reaction to Message 1 as followed.

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    To be clear, your question is:

And the reply to that query was:

To me, that sounds like a "not possible at this time" reply.

And then he stated:
    Feature Requests are currently located here:
    Feature Requests for cPanel & WHM - cPanel Forums

Here are the guidelines for posting a Feature Request:
    Posting Feature Requests and cPanel's Review Process Explained - cPanel Forums

Here is Documentation on Editing Locales you might be interested in:
    Edit a Locale - cPanel Documentation

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but here is a screenshot of the Locales tools, where you could copy one into a new one and work from there if you so desired.

I hope this post is helpful to you.

Attached Files:

5. cobeste

cobeste Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I do have access to cPanel WHM and can view and even download available default locales. However I cannot upload a new locale - since we are not direct users of cPanel. Therefore we proposed to our Bluehost partner to create Slovak locale. They recommended me to refer with this issue directly on your company. I believe not only Slovak users would would benefit from it, but also Czech users, since are languages are almost the same.

I just want to make sure I did my best in this request. Both partners Bluehost and cPanel seems to be reluctant cooperate on this issue. Maybe the technical difficulties involved in this incorporation would be too hard to overcome.

Thank you very much locale.PNG

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well, if you had your own server with full root access, this wouldn't be a problem for you at all, really. By the looks of your WHM screenshot, you do not have full root, you have a reseller account.

The locales system being put in place is new and under development. More languages should be able to be added in time I would think. For now you might have to go it alone, but I would think this will improve.

7. cobeste

cobeste Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ok,

thank you for clarification,

I to not exactly know what is your policy when it comes to cPanel translations; however in case you would think about Slovak language to include my company will be ready to help with this.

8. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  9. dominis_persona

dominis_persona Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We are a small hosting company based in Catalonia. A Catalan locale has already been translated by us, and we are willing to help others to do the same. We can offer reseller accounts with locale edit privileges. Please feel free to contact us at dpATdominispersonals.cat

Thank you for your time.

Núria A.