The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel log hell - need help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thinlinedata, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Thinlinedata

Thinlinedata Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am fighting a loosing war against the software and hackers here. Right now my server is used as email spam box and everything I have tried with my limited know how has obviously failed.

Secondly, my VPS just has a need for pumping out huge logs. Its basically killing itself with log files and filling up the harddrive. The server is right now so slow that I cannot even do basic functions such as ls or "du -h" to even investigate.

Where in cPanel can I remove ALL log options? I really dont care about logging, I just want my RAM and CPU to run my web host and serve websites, not log every little single option. Apart from this log hell cPanel is quite nice, but I am almost thinking of going back to Plesk, just because of the annnoying log options. Help someone?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate a little more on how large the log files are, and what type of output in the logs you feel is unnecessary?

Note that you may want to open a separate thread for the SPAM issue. It's better to address each issue individually instead of handling multiple issues in a single thread.

Thank you.