The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel login info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cdub05, Jul 14, 2010.

1. cdub05

cdub05 Registered

Hi all, first time poster. Was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem.

I paid for a joomla template on a site and chose to let them install the template. And of course to install it, I have to give them the proper info. They asked me for my CPanel login info, and I am not sure what to give them. Ive already given them my ftp info. And I called my hosting provider and they said they didn't have the cpanel information, so I'm not exactly sure what to give them. If anybody could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

2. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

The FTP information should be the same as the cPanel information if they mean the cPanel username and password (that's the FTP username and password). When you log into cPanel, that's your cPanel login information (that username and password).

I highly suggest changing your cPanel password first before giving that information to them, or changing the password immediately after you are done having them install it.