The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel login log, login attempt log

Discussion in 'Security' started by cooley, Oct 20, 2014.

1. cooley

cooley Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi. In reference to this question that was posted two years ago (http://forums.cpanel.net/f185/there-failed-login-attempt-log-250751.html) on how to find a login attempt log, I would also like to view the login log to my webhosting account, and I am thankful to anyone who can help me.

In that post it was suggested to go to "usr/local/cpanel/logs/login_log".

I have cPanel Accelerated 2, and cPanel version 11.40.1 (build 13). In File Manager, at /home/(user name), I click on "access-logs," then it says "This directory is empty." So then I paste that post's suggestion, usr/local/cpanel/logs/login_log, in the upper left box and click "Go," and it then says "This directory is empty." And then I pasted that in the upper right search box and then a box appears in the middle of the page, stating "No records found." Of course, that doesn't make sense to me, as something should show my own logins. Any ideas?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

That log is only accessible with "root" access. You will not be able to view that log with cPanel access only. You can contact your hosting provider to have them search the log for the information you require.

Thank you.