The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel login no longer works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CunningStunt, Jan 16, 2006.

1. CunningStunt

CunningStunt Registered

Hi I have a strange problem with my cpanel login.

It all started when i was adding 9 months server logs to psychostats last week, i think my cronjob was too regular and my account got suspended. My server host claim that they did not suspend my account and they are showing it as active. Can cpanel automatically suspend users?

I managed to get my website back online by editing passwd and shadow, but i still cannot login to the control panel, the username and password given to me by my host are not working.

They are saying that cpanel will need to be reloaded and i'll lose my site (and my 9 months server logs which i no longer have) and as i cant login to cpanel i cant even backup the sql databases.

Can anyone offer any info or advice on this? Thanks.

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

I guess reloading of cPanel should not do anything to your data but if thats the only solution then ask your Host to change the password for your account and if that doesn't work, ask them to take the backup of all your data and mysql databases and when the problem is resolved, they can restore it back.

3. CunningStunt

CunningStunt Registered

thanks for the advice :D