The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Logos and Docs...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by horrighs, Mar 12, 2003.

1. horrighs

horrighs Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to 6.0 cPanel and was wondering... the basic skin that comes with cPanel still says cPanel 5 is this getting updated?

also i wanted to get newer documentation but i see here on cpanel.net they are still showing cPanel4 docs... these going to be updated?

2. iisnet

iisnet Active Member

Cpanel's slow on updating docs :)

3. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

docs... update rates and release trees

I'm wondering if they'll ever get a doc together that includes everything
    IMHO, stable moves too fast(there is software in stable that's not spent 2-3 months in edge... if you exclude security fixes)
    I'm thinking that a good "target" would help documentation(are they documenting 6.0 or 6.2, which version?) as the documentation that I find most missing, is for in-depth features...
    hmm an example...
    anyone know what cpanel did with support for shared folders in cpimap (they based it on uw-imap, which declares support for it, and cpimap says it knows about #shared... so it should have it) but anyone know how to make it work?

of course, if they decide to change it tomorrow, because it didn't work, they'd probably remove it from the docs, wasting both time and effort, and frustrating some people, like me, who WANT to get a version of cpanel that's not just documented, that's documented to DEATH, so at least, when the next version comes around, and this exploit comes up, HOW to fix it becomes something other than "hope for a fix from cpanel" or "patch the source and hope the next update doesn't wreck it"