cPanel looks stupid when I log in

groovygrovesy

Registered
Mar 27, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

I am fairly new to cpanel but have been getting by for a couple of months. Just recently though whenever I log in via domain-name/cpanel I get a verry funny looking interface and whatever I click on kicks me straight back out to the login screen.

It kinda looks like the Css file is missing, see below.

Capture.JPG

If I log in via ip-address/cpanel however it works fine.

Now I am certain this is not an issue with cPanel as I have 3 different cPanel accounts from 3 different hosting providers and this happens on all of them with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.

My question is, does anybody know of any software running on my pc which could make this happen?

It used to work fine but I am not sure if anything has change on my PC so I don't know where to start.

Regards

Adam

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You may want to ensure your browser cache is not partly removed, or there are no applications preventing certain browser cache storage on your computer.

Thank you.

groovygrovesy

Registered
Mar 27, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that clearing the cache did not work. Also what's weird is I tried another cPanel account from a third Host and it worked yet the other 2 don't.

Any ideas? Surely if it's software on my PC affecting it then it would affect all cPanel accounts?

Cheers

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Do you have Firebug installed with Firefox on your computer? If so, check the page with Firebug to see if any errors are occurring in it. If you do not have Firebug, I'd suggest downloading the extension.

You might also consider opening up a ticket with your hosting provider on one of the accounts to see if they might be able to help.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In Firebug, you should have a Console option that has "All" listed, which will check for errors, warnings, info and debug info. If you specifically have errors or warnings (also tab options to view), then please provide those errors or warnings.

CitizenK

Jun 5, 2012
On The Road
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sometime errors like this can be created if your domain name resolves to more than one IP address. You will want to ensure that your domain only resolves to a single IP address. Inside a ssh session you can check this with the following command, replacing domain.com with your actual domain.

Code:
# dig +short @4.2.2.2 domain.com
If you have multiple ip addresses being returned for your domain, this will cause problems inside the cpanel interface. This can happen if you have ever set up a service like Cloudflare, or other services.