Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel mail/hard link issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Homie, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Homie

Homie Member

When creating a new email account through cPanel, cPanel creates two seperate directories: one under /home/<user>/mail/<mailbox-username> and the other under /home<user>/mail/<domain>/<mailbox-username>.

Now, from what it appears, both inbox use the same inode, which means that one of them is a hard link, my guess is that it's under /home/<user>/mail.

Looks like the lots of inbox hard links are broken on my machine, which means that old email just sits there, counted against my customers quota.

Anyone knows a quick fix besides typing manually ln blah blah one thousand times, or writing a script from scratch?

P.S. /scripts/mailperm didn't work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bking

bking Well-Known Member

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Added my voice to the report :(

5. Homie

Homie Member

I'm not going to file in a ticket if you already have, no pointing in bugging them :) So, if you don't mind, keep us updated as to what is the reply from cPanel support.