The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel mail problem....

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bobetko, Dec 5, 2005.

1. bobetko

bobetko Registered

My cpanel 10.8.1-RELEASE 30. Recently I started having problems with disk usage. I logged in and tried to see what's the problem.

After I clicked Disk Usage Icon, I saw that my mail item is taking 12.3 Mb. Which is kinda strange. (my account is of 25Mb). I have three mail accounts, and on daily basis I am downloading emails and removing them from the server.

If I use ftp, the folder structure in mail folder is like this:
    ../mail/name1
    ../mail/name2
    ../mail/name3
    ../www.mydomain.com
    inbox

The last item/file inbox is taking 12.3 Mb?? Why? Where this file is comming from. How can I access to it? I am getting tempted to delete it manualy. Can I do that? If I go to Mail Account Maintenance I see only my three names and I can check disk usage for these email accounts and it is zero (0).

So what's going on?

Also, where www.mydomain.com folder (in mail) is comming from.

Thanks in advance.

Bobetko

2. dynamicwebs

dynamicwebs Member

Cpanel 10.8.1 Release 30

I also have experienced these email issues with this release of cpanel. I have two reseller accounts with my isp and the account with this release is having major problems with stmp errors and other random email issues.

My other account is running cpanel 10.8.0 release 27 and is working like a champ!

I would suggest either downgrade back to 10.8.0 release 27 or put some pressure on cpanel to fix the error.

3. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    that should be your catch-all "default account"

if you have downloaded/deleted the mail in you default address and you still have the the 12MB inbox your email hard links are broken an need to be recreated this has nothing to do with the cPanel build it has been a problem with cpanel for quite some time

I do belive maildir conversion will get rid of this error