The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Mail Queue doesnt process

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bklynkaos, Apr 25, 2004.

1. bklynkaos

bklynkaos Registered

My Exim Mails do not get processed once they reach the queue. I have to manually run a script to "exim -qff -v" to process the messages. Any idea why they would just hang up? It works fine once i manually process the queue. For now i wrote a crontab script to do it for me. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

A few things come to mind:

1. Do you have MailScanner installed? Is it running?

2. Do you have queue_only set in /etc/exim.conf (and aren't using MailScanner), if so, remove it and restart

3. What do you have specified at the bottom of your /etc/exim.conf for the retry intervals? By default it is set to:
    Code:
    *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

4. Does your server always run at a high load average? If so, do you have deliver_queue_load_max set in exim.conf? If the value for deliver_queue_load_max is lower than your load average then it probably will never run.

3. bklynkaos

bklynkaos Registered

Ok I have that same line specified at the bottom. I do not have queue_only specified in the file. There is no mailscanner but i am using antivirus.clam.exim which uses amavis. If i manually process the message via the cpanel interface i get the following error:

Message 1BHrZM-0000Rz-Vb is no longer frozen
    /tmp/amavis/amavis-unpack-408c338e-06e3/parts: Permission denied
    LOG: MAIN
    => paulh <paulh@iremos.com> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery
    LOG: MAIN
    Completed

I have chowned the directory to have 777 just to see if it will work, and it still fails with permission denied. I think that may have something to do with the problem.

OK follow up, I turned off virus scanning in the amavis.conf file and all of the email flows properly. My problem now is i would like to use the clamav scanning ultimately but this problem has been resolved. Thanks for your help.

#3 bklynkaos, Apr 25, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  4. gordita

gordita Well-Known Member

I am using the mailscanner (clamav) and I just noticed that I've got emails sitting my queue as old as 29days.

What could be wrong?

I'd like 'em to bounce back around 7 days or so like normal.

I've got the default setting at the bottom of my /etc/exim.conf

* * F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

What do you think is going on here?