The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel MailScanner Plugin with ClamAV

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by trparky, Jun 15, 2005.

1. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

I have a CRON setup in "/etc/cron.hourly" that runs the command "/usr/bin/freshclam", but it still seems that it isn't catching the newer worms. Do I have to restart the ClamD before the update to the definitions take effect? If so, would "/scripts/restartsrv clamd" work?

Also, is there a way for any email with viruses to be dumped to a folder called "viruses" like what SpamAssassin does with spam that it finds and puts them into a folder called "spam"? What does it do with email messages that it finds with viruses in them?

Why I am asking is that I still get that newest worm and it is crazy how many I get!

2. trparky

Also, it seems like it is letting viruses through even though the exim.conf file has been setup properly.

Here is the line in the exim.conf file...
    av_scanner = clamd:/var/clamd

But, here is something wierd. When I looked in /var to find the binary that the exim.conf file seems to be setup to use, it shows this...
    root@server [/var]# ls -hal | grep clam
    srwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jun 15 09:51 clamd=

That is a 0 byte file!

3. trparky

Ok, now I know why that file is a 0 byte file, it is a socket, not a file, well it looks like a file, smells like a file, but it isn't a file in this case.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

cPanel doesn't have a MailScanner plugin, or are you referring to the clamavconnector?

5. trparky

Yeah, that is what I am referring to, the ClamAVConnector. Oh, where does mail that has a virus go? /dev/null?