cPanel “Manual or pull deployment” worked only once and stopped working.

ivankvkharkiv

Registered
Feb 12, 2021
Kharkiv
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
To connect local repo with my server site I use "Manual or pull deployment": https://docs.cpanel.net/knowledge-base/web-services/guide-to-git-deployment/

It worked super smooth for the first time. But then when I continued doing commits and pulling them from github to my site the "Deploy Head commit" button stopped working...

The reason which is written is:

The system cannot deploy
For deployment, ensure that your repository meets the following requirements:

1. A valid .cpanel.yml file exists. For more information, read our documentation.
2. No uncommitted changes exist on the checked-out branch.

As for the .cpanel.yml file, it is definitely ok because it worked perfectly fine for the first time and because all the instructions in it were made exactly as were expected.

But I do not understand regarding "uncommitted changes". I do not do any changes on my checked-out-branch I only do pull into it from github as per instruction. So what is it about?

How can I get deployment to work again?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like you may be running into option 2, where there is an unintentional change made. You may want to also double-check the yaml file to ensure it meets the requirements outlined here:

If you are able to reproduce the error on the system when the only operation that has happened is the initial checkout process, please feel free to reach out to our team through the ticket system so we can do some additional troubleshooting directly on the server for you.

ivankvkharkiv

Registered
Feb 12, 2021
Kharkiv
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! It sounds like you may be running into option 2, where there is an unintentional change made. You may want to also double-check the yaml file to ensure it meets the requirements outlined here:

If you are able to reproduce the error on the system when the only operation that has happened is the initial checkout process, please feel free to reach out to our team through the ticket system so we can do some additional troubleshooting directly on the server for you.
Thanks for your reply.

Here is my yml file just in case:
Code:
---
deployment:
  tasks:
    - export DEPLOYPATH=/home/ivnfolio/public_html/
    - /bin/cp -RT public $DEPLOYPATH

Could you please explain a bit more regarding " where there is an unintentional change made ". What sort of unintentional change should be made and where?

As for the initial checkout, I would rather not do it if it is possible. And also as I said previously, deployment worked without any issue after the initial checkout.

So I am looking forward to hearing more about "unintentional change".
Thanks in advance.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm not saying there should be a change, but just a change you may not have intended to make such as moving files around or making an edit you didn't realize with a text editor. If you're able to reproduce the error by just downloading the repo files, that sounds like an issue and it would be best to create a ticket so we can look into this directly.