The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt@Jatol, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Matt@Jatol

Matt@Jatol Member

I am wondering if anyone has added to CPanel's abilities. We are considering writing some mods to the control panel, things like integrating a Support Ticket (helpdesk) system or updating client information (pulled from our own billing scripts), possibly adding a support via IM or live chat feature directly into the CP.

Really just wondering if anyone has attempted this sort of thing, and if so, how successful it was.

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I've got some little additions to mine, but it would have to be your own version of cpanel, otherwise updates would just overwrite your changes. Then with your own version, you would have to keep it up to date with cpanel updates.
    It's a bit of work involved, but for the customization, it's worth it.

3. Matt@Jatol

Matt@Jatol Member

Well, we already do that anyway, we purchased some themes for Cpanel and then made some chages to it as well, so everytime Cpanel or the makers of our themes make a change, we have to as well. However, most of the changes are in some navigation and a few minor things, so changes only need to be made when the overall Cpanel or theme are changed.