SOLVED cPanel Monitoring failures without reason

Rodrigo Gomes

Apr 6, 2016
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I often get a "cPanel Monitoring" alert of two custom services I've installed has failed.
But I do not see any error in the message.
And it is unlikely that two distinct services (varnish and nginx) will not function properly at the same time. **(apache too sometimes)**

screencapture-mail-google-mail-u-0-1489610092847.png screencapture-mail-google-mail-u-0-1489610141048.png

Five minutes later I get the alert that the service has been restored successfully.

These failures happen on average every week.
Before setting up the nginx and varnish services under "cPanel Monitoring" I've never had these problems. Varnish and Nginx have always been very stable, with long periods of uptime.

Custom chkserv.d files:
Code:
/etc/chkserv.d/varnish
service[varnish]=x,x,x,service varnish restart,varnishd,varnish
Code:
/etc/chkserv.d/varnish_ssl
service[varnish_ssl]=x,x,x,service nginx restart,nginx,root
All logs I found about Varnish and Nginx:
Code:
Mar 15 01:35:49 server systemd: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
Mar 15 01:35:49 server systemd: Starting Varnish Cache, a high-performance HTTP accelerator...
Mar 15 01:35:49 server nginx: nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
Mar 15 01:35:49 server nginx: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
Mar 15 01:35:49 server systemd: Started The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
Mar 15 01:35:50 server systemd: Started Varnish Cache, a high-performance HTTP accelerator.
I did not find any errors in the logs,
It seems that chkserv just restarted the services.

What could be happening?
I explored all the possibilities I know to debug this error, but I did not get much information.

Last edited: