The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel moving accounts from server A to B

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by srkn61, Feb 22, 2015.

1. srkn61

srkn61 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hello,

I tried to do this transfer method: "Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password"
    The account to transfer was 8 GB of size.... There happened and error, during transfer.. What happens with files, which are transfered not perfeclty? Are there locally temporirly files, which I have to delete, or will cpanel cleare the carbage files of transfering? Please give further information.... Where are the moved files located, or broken moved files?

The error was: TRANSFER: Account “username”: Error while executing “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/getremotecpmove”: The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/getremotecpmove” command (process 14049) reported the “EPERM” (1) error when it ended.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have root access to the source server? If so, you may want to try packaging the account manually since it's 8G in size:

Code:
    /scripts/pkgacct $username
    Otherwise, you may need to report that error to your hosting provider so they can review the server and determine why the transfer failed. Temporary files should be stored on the source server in:

Code:
    /home/$username/cpmove$
    Thank you.

3. srkn61

srkn61 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hello,

I think I know the problem, when my Cloudserver virtual machine was created the network speed was set up with 1Mbps instead of 1000Mbps. I only can download my files with 108 KB/s, and at the same time the sites on this server are opening very very slow.... (normal server is slow, too)

I changed the network speed to 1000 Mbps, but it is loading with same speed. What is going wrong? Is there a restart necessars of virtual machine or OS or have I to do some settings on WHM panel?

please help...

4. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There is no need to change anything in WHM regarding network speed. You will have to reboot your VM and check your network speed again.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is not related to any cPanel/WHM settings. You can try rebooting your virtual machine to see if the network speed change is enacted.

Thank you.