The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel - Multiple domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sagar23, Nov 17, 2010.

1. sagar23

sagar23 Registered

I ham setting up various domains, and wanted to know which is best way to set these up on cpanel.

1.Most of my domains will be blogs, but I may even take payment on there too, but that could be through paypal, so would i still need to have one cpanel for this domain when selling goods through paypal?

2. If I do not need ssl for a paypal payment, then do i need to have one cpanel per domain? My thinking is it is safer all round to have 1 account each, but to manage each login, i am thinking, why not bundle all accounts into 1 cpanel.
    but if i want to move a domain to a seperate cpanel in future, this could be a long pocess?

3. With multiple cpanel accounts, is there a way to have multiple login on cpanel so i dont have to logout and in for each account?

Would appreciate any advice on this please.

cheers,

Sagar

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Sagar,

You could have multiple cPanel accounts, one for each domain, then have one reseller account own all of those cPanel accounts. That reseller could then log into each individual cPanel account using the reseller login and select the account from a dropdown. This would allow you to have different user interface logins whenever needed as well as separate the domains from each other, while still allowing one login to switch between the accounts.

For an SSL, you'd need to speak with PayPal on what you need to interface with their payment system. If they don't require an SSL to pass the data to them, then that would be something they could handle. It's normally best to have an SSL to transmit any data to another party even if you aren't directly handling the purchase itself.

Thanks!