The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel mysql backups....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, May 22, 2007.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Heres a strange one...

Customer tries to do a mysql backup in cpanel - the backup completes but only dumps about 50% of the database. When looking at the file - charactes are escaped with slashes \

Because the backup didnt work - the customer tries to perform an export in phpmyadmin which works sucessfully but when he tries to import the file into a new database - the import fails as soon as it hits an apostrophe ' in a word such as it's for example. The dump from phpmyadmin does not escape the characters.

Can anyone advise on a solution ? I presume just importing it from the command line would do the job.

#1 4u123, May 22, 2007
    Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It turns out that the character causing the problem is not an apostrophe ' but one of these ` (whatever that is).

The import is failing because of that character for some reason. The customer used the internal mysql dump in his phpbb forum and that would seem to have a workaround for the problem so its resolved as far as this issue is concerned but I thought I'd add this info in case anyone else has the same problem.