Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CPANEL MYSQL Error -- Wierd Problem --

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eter4, Jul 4, 2003.

1. eter4

eter4 Well-Known Member

When I login to ANY of my customers CPANEL this is the error they get in the account resources box under Databases

DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) 0 / unlimited

And under MYSQL Disk usage

DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)' 5.23 Megabytes

Can anyone help.

MYSQL Version # 4.0.13
    CPANEL Version # 7.1.0-EDGE
    CPANEL Build # 17
    Theme Cpanel X 2.1

Databases seem to work fine but anything that has to display in the CPANEL does not.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 eter4, Jul 4, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  2. toma1708

toma1708 Active Member

1045 error

There were several topics on this subject here, you can search the forums for 1045 error. I have tried the solutions suggested there without results and finally instead of resetting the mysql password I used the first mysql password configured for the server (I'm happy I noted it somewhere) and this solved the problem.

Conclusion:

1. Reset the root mysql password or
    2. Modify the mysql root pass to the very first one.

Best regards,

Catalin

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: