The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel new mails to inbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stergios, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Stergios

Stergios Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, i am using cpanel 11.30.4 (build 6), i create 3 email accounts and i am using Roundcube client. The problem is all email accounts is show up as separate folders and new mails is not appear to inbox but into the folders each email account. Latest i move to another server, to the old one i have not this problem, my new host provider has no idea about this so is there any chance to read my mails to inbox? Thanks in advance!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you login as the cPanel user to Roundcube you would see the folders for all email accounts I believe.
    If you login as one of those email account users, you would only see the account you're logged in as.

Which one are you logging in as, email user or cPanel user?

3. Stergios

Stergios Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am login from cpanel. I see the folders but i delete them trying to make the program show me the incoming mails to inbox.
    I try to recreate them to settings/folders but i get an error. For example webmaster@domain.com says "Folder name contains a forbidden character (.)" I think the dot is the problem, i'm probably screw it right?
    So you say that the problem is that i have a lot accounts to display from all of them to inbox, it cannot be?

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes you can login as the cPanel main user and manage other email boxes. You don't want to delete the email account(s) default folders though as it sounds like you may have.

If you choose to email from there, logged in as the cPanel user, NOT the email account user, you should setup your identity(s) to be sending email From. If I recall correctly horde tells you this when you try to send an email logged in as cPanel user without first setting an identity up.

5. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might want to get in touch with your host about this. They can more completely assist you in setting up your email as you like I'm sure.

GL!

6. Stergios

Stergios Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    They trying last 2 days but without success until now. I already set up the identities, i can sent emails through them but i cannot receive to my inbox. Anyway thank you very much for the help!

7. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If your hosting provider is having issues in assisting you with getting your mail working properly, ask them to submit a ticket with us. Your hosting provider can open up a ticket with us for us to look into it further when they aren't able to resolve the issue.