The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel New User Help Me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dodgycpanel, Dec 11, 2004.

1. dodgycpanel

dodgycpanel Registered

i hate this cpanel program i need some one to explain how to upload my pages and what the $@#% do i call them to link up wid each other

2. rfrench10

rfrench10 Well-Known Member

Under your cPanel screen for SITE MANAGEMENT TOOLS you will find an entry called FILE MANAGER. You could use that to upload your site files by navigating to the appropriate folder and selecting "Upload Files". You will be given an upload page with space for 12 files at a time. However, my personal recommendation (for what that is worth, of course) is to use one of the widely available ftp programs. I personally use WSFTP-PRO. Be sure to upload the site files to the public_html directory.

As for html help... I would recommend an entry level book of html programming to get you started. The questions you asked are probably covered in the first chapter or two. There is plenty of self help out there and, I guess, you could even take evening classes at a Community College or High School to get started.

If you need additional help there is a video tutorial section at my website on the uses of cPanel and WHM. http://nethosting4you.com/tutorials4.htm

#2 rfrench10, Dec 11, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  3. Etheral

Etheral Well-Known Member

Hehe, dont hate cPanel, you should try to play around with Helm... Just because your not used to Linux filesystems, doesnt mean you have to hate such great software! Well, hope you got your issue solved, rfrench10 gave pretty indepth instructions there...

4. lead

lead Registered

You can download shareware copies of FTP programs at http://download.com. They are much easier and faster.