The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel Not Restoring Databases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoehBloeh, Feb 11, 2004.

1. JoehBloeh

JoehBloeh Member

I've had the roughest evening trying to do CPanel restores.

Currently, I can't get any of the databases to load.

I know they're there, because I can see the mysql.sql files and the mysql/ dir in each user's backup.

When I do a "restore user" or "restore multiple users" it says that it is installing the DB's, but it never does. After installing 20 users (most with databases), I only have test, mysql, and horde DB's listed.

I'm using a Brand New FreeBSD 4.9 server w/WHM 8.8.0 and CPanel 8.8.0-R72.

I did the backups on the same box, but it was running Red Hat 7.3 this morning.

I went through the forums and found a few examples that suggested to rename the userdir as cpmove-userdir, tar/gz it, then move to /home and run restorepkg on that.

I tried that several times with no success.

Any pointers?

2. JoehBloeh

JoehBloeh Member

I'm finding other problems along with this one.

For example: DNS Zones are not updating. In WHM, I do an "Edit DNS Zone", and change the IP of a host. I click Save. It gives indications that this was successful.

But an NSlookup shows the old address, and if I go back to the "Edit DNS Zone" page, it's also set to the old address.

I wish I had found this earlier. I just spent an hour changing all my DNS Entries, and now I'm finding that none of them took.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 38978

3. JoehBloeh

JoehBloeh Member

I remembered another one... This one is worse...

If I go to WHM's "Tweak Settings", none of the boxes are checked. If I check them (so I can use stats and webmail, etc) and hit save, it acts like it takes it OK.

Then just like DNS, it doesn't accept them. Webmail isn't accessible, stats is shutdown, and the "Tweak Settings" page is blank again.

Anybody?