The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel not tracking BW Usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Ray

Ray Registered

Currently running Cpanel 5.3.0-R100on RedHat 8.0.

cPanel is not tracking / tallying / accounting used bandwidth.

Very frustrating.

I have setup several test accounts, set BW limits at 50MB of transfer, opened up apachebench.. hit it with sustained download requests.. confirmed the server transferred in excess of 50MB?!

Went into WHM - The account had ZERO bandwidth usage. Thought I would wait to see if it took a few minutes to update.. Nothing..

When I restarted WHM the bandwidth accounting script HAD updated the bandwidth usage page showing the account over the assigned usage but would not account for any additional bandwidth usage beyond the restart of WHM.

Controlling customer bandwidth usage is the #1 safeguard. If it doesn't work (or in the case, only works when WHM restarts), how can I even offer service?

I had the following setting set to 1 day.
    &Number of days between processing log files and bandwidth usage (default 1, decimal values are ok):&

I have reduced that to 0.0020 (every 5 minutes) for testing purposes.

Suggestions? Can I just get the command to run so I can set this up as a Cron Job?

2. portman

portman Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that BW suspension is checked daily. Not sure if you can tune that.

I am happy to conceed the point to someone who can verify this.

:)