The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Instant, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Instant

Instant Registered

Hello, i own http://instantdesign.net and my cpanel does not work it keeps coming up as
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@instantdesign.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This happened right after i build the easyapache on my WHM though my WHM still works but the cpanel doesnt why is this?

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you upgrade your WHM/cPanel?

3. Instant

Instant Registered

wut u mean?

Update apache using easyapache, or the WHM's apache builder by clicking here.
    Once apache is updated, you should then update to cPanel 9.4.0 build 10 or later by clicking here. (This is now required as the easyapache update will break /cpanel, and other urls.)

i upgrade both things and my cpanel stoped wqorking

4. jmherbison

jmherbison Registered

Instant,

I did the same thing, and have not been able to get it fixed yet.

Just to let you know if you don't already. You can access the Cpanel by using http://instantdesign.net:2082. just /cpanel doesn't work. If I find out how to fix this I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jmherbison

5. jmherbison

jmherbison Registered

Instant,

I got a fix for the problem. If you go into your WHM under Server Setup click on Enable/Disable SuExec. It will be enabled and you need to disable it. Once you do this /cpanel will work again. That is the only thing that I have found so far that works.

Thanks,
    jmherbison

6. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Security A Security hole has been discovered in the cPanel's suexec/mod_php handlers.
    Which is where the problem began apparently.

7. Instant

Instant Registered

ya but now i got anothjer problem when i make a subdomain on my whm the account is there and the subdomain gets created but it wont access the subdomain it will only be on the /~ thing for the account to go online, how do i fix this?

8. jmherbison

jmherbison Registered

You might want to do some heavy reading in the forum. When you create a subdomain it is just like registering a new domain. You have to wait until DNS propogates. Which could be 24-48 hours. On you computer set your DNS to the DNS of the Server and you will be able to view it as soon as you create it.

Thanks,
    Jmherbison

9. Instant

Instant Registered

umm lol for me subdomains work if i create them with unlimited resourcs then modify, but if i create them on a plan it wont work only the ~ will