The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel on SMTP.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Boriskag, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Boriskag

Boriskag Well-Known Member

Hi, Is it possible for cPanel to send out emails via SMTP from a sepcific user account?

eg. cpanel@domain.com.

I have to use a SMTP relay because most mail servers block my host from my ISP because it think it's spam. (It's a home server, thats why.)

I would like cPanel to send emails to me or my users through the SMTP relay so that I know the users get the emails. (emails like forgot password, news, bandwidth notices etc.)

Thanks in Advance

-- Boris

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

You could write a wrapper script around sendmail to grab the mail streams and pass
    the mail off to whatever 3rd party mail server you wish. That would probably be the
    easiest way and would have the benefit of all scripts on all web sites on your home
    server would benefit from the redirected mail as well.

3. Boriskag

Boriskag Well-Known Member

thanks. I have no clue how to do that, but I will try and look around google.

If anyone knows how to do this, and explain it to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

-- Boris

*EDIT:

I still don't know how to do it, I can't even find the sendmail config. :confused:

#3 Boriskag, Oct 5, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2006