The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel on VMWare Workstation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BradDodi, Apr 2, 2011.

1. BradDodi

BradDodi Registered

Hellooo! I have cPanel running on VMWare Workstation (Which is running CentOS).
    The cPanel support peeps have told me that it's running behind NAT. On the options of VMWare I've set it to "Bridged" so why it still running behind NAT?

I'm having problems with DNS, FTP, etc. because of this. Could I have configured cPanel wrong?

Maybe I shouldn't be using Workstation? Is there an alternative I can use which also allows me to run Windows 7 as the host.

Thanks very much. :D

2. BradDodi

BradDodi Registered

Anyone? :)

Maybe I just need to change the IP address to the external one? :confused:

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You would need to change the IP to the external IP if you are wanting to take it off of a NAT setup, since NAT uses private IP addresses that are then routed to the external, public IP addresses. Do you have a provider who could assist in switching you to a non-NAT based setup? You may want to ask the datacenter or provider how to accomplish the task if you aren't certain.

For cPanel itself, you'd simply change the IP using the WHM > IP Migration Wizard and ensure WHM > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup area has the external IP listed.