The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel or PostNuke problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevin2004, Oct 2, 2004.

1. kevin2004

kevin2004 Member

I am recently upgraded to running WHM 9.9.0 cPanel 9.9.0-C55 RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0, I have a customer running a PostNuke site. Now when he tries to edit media on his site he keeps getting a "Page cannot be displayed" error. I am kinda at a loss as to whether this is a cPanel upgrade bug or a script problem. Since upgrading I have had several problems and that kinda leads me to want to blame cPanel.
    Has anyone experienced similar problems and does anyone know how to remedy the situation? Do I just need to upgrade to a more stable release, I am currently running CURRENT version.

Thanks, Kevin

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Technically, cPanel abdicate responsibility because it does say this on the Addon Scripts page:
    For that reason, I don't use those scripts for customers as it makes it very difficult to support (the customer either installs it themselves or we use Fantastico).

Having said that, if it worked before upgrading and it doesnt now, it does make the upgrade look suspicious ;)

If you're getting a 404 error, then you might get more information from the apache error log:

/etc/httpd/logs/error_log

Unless someone can help here, then it would have to be a referral to the PHP Nuke site and their support forums, since cPanel may not offer any help given the statement above.

3. kevin2004

kevin2004 Member

I understand that cPanel doesn't support them. This is a customer installed site. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this type of error.

Thanks, Keivn

4. kevin2004

kevin2004 Member

I looked in the logs you suggested but it doesn't even show the particular error I am looking for. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Kevin

5. pmayo

pmayo Member

By any change is it directing to https:// because I have the same issue. Everytime my client tries to login to the admin section of postnuke it goes into SSL mode