The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel or WHM sql prob?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ploppy, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ploppy

ploppy Active Member

Mar 28, 2006
    hi. i recently took delivery of server running
    WHM 10.8.0 & cPanel 10.8.1-R113 with MySQL 4.1 phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl2
    . the problem i have is i setup account in WHM with shell access and no restrictions or quotas. logged in to cPanel. Created mySQL db - user/pass connection=localhost with ALL priviliges. clicked the phpmyadmin icon, went into phpmyadmin but says 'Create new database' No Priviliges. I noticed from the cPanel page when u login it says logged in from is this correct? i thought ip addy would be here. Is it a permissions issue? The other issue is when i login via SSH i cannot run mysqladmin. keep getting access denied. Logged in as su and was ok. I am confused. obviuosly something i am doing wrong. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
  2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2005
    This is indeed not an error. This is because you should be creating new databases through cPanel, not phpMyAdmin, to:

1) Prevent scripts from automatically creating databases.
    2) Make sure that database names and users are properly prefixed with your CPanel username, so each user can properly access their databases (and only their databases).

Regarding the 'Access denied error' while executing mysqladmin command, you will have to be a superuser to execute those commands and not a ordinary user. You may not have logged in as root to execute that command.