The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel PAM authentication?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mwatson, Sep 17, 2004.

1. mwatson

mwatson Member

Where I work we are currently using a central authentication server for all of our dialup and virtual host customers, our virtual hosts are currently just on a standard unix machine not running any kind of web panel software we do all authenication to the remote server via a PAM module. We now have a cPanel license and are in the process of migrating users to the cPanel machine, what I am wondering is if its possible to do cPanel authenication through pam, or if it already curently does and if so what pam service id it is so that we can continue to have users authenicate against that server. This reduces our troubleshooting procees by having all authenication information stored in a single location so tech support can lookup there account info and reset passwords etc all from a single location no matter what service they are purchasing from us. I know it won't be possible to do for sub-users (ie. virtual ftp/email accounts, i know they are going to be stored locally no matter what) I have a feeling that the way I'd like things to work out isn't going to be possible but I was just hoping some people might be able to give me a little bit of insight.