The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Password Generator Defaults

Discussion in 'Security' started by utdream, Apr 4, 2013.

1. utdream

utdream Registered
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Is it possible to change the cPanel password generator defaults to *not* include symbols? The symbols are causing problems when trying to use the generated passwords in other scripts and it's a pretty big pain. If I could change the default to simply be a longer password using only letters and numbers by default, that would be extremely helpful and save us and our users a lot of trouble.

Thank you!

2. alphawolf50

alphawolf50 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Doesn't your scripting language have a quoted syntax that means "this is a literal string"?

Then again... if there is a way to tweak the defaults, I'd also like to know. Every time I generate a password I have to go to "Advanced" and regenerate with 18 characters, with symbols, numbers, upper, lower... I wouldn't mind saving 2 steps :)

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no way to customize the default values in the password generate. Please consider adding a request for such at our feature request site: cPanel Feature Requests

4. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    fwiw I've seen some mac users have serious difficulties entering some of the symbols as well. PBKAC I know...but still