The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel Password Lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Praveer, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Praveer

Praveer Registered

Hello all,
    I change my cpanel password once every month for security reasons. I recently changed my password ( I use the password generator in CPanel to generate passwords) but forgot to save it. So now I have no access to my CPanel. There is no option for my password to be sent on my mail. My webhost have disabled it. I tried contacting my host but he is not replying. My website is having some problem and I want to correct the problem very urgently. Please tell me a solution to my problem.

Regards
    Praveer

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

If your hosting provider isn't responding, you are pretty much out of luck! :rolleyes:

In order to reset the password, you would need 'root' access or the current password to the account if email based password resets have been disabled.

This means only your hosting provider could help you as it sounds like you are on a regular shared hosting account and don't have 'root' access yourself or the current account password.

3. Praveer

Praveer Registered

Is there any other way?

Regards

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately, no

I understand the situation, but unfortunately there is no other way to reset a cPanel password if the option to reset the password via e-mail is not enabled and you cannot contact your host.

If there were any other way to reset a password without actually logging into cPanel, it could be a serious security risk, and some hosts even consider the ability to reset a password via e-mail to be a risk, which is why the option exists to disable this function.

It does sound like a very difficult situation you are in, but the only way to reset the password, if you cannot remember it, will be to contact your host.

5. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Only two options are present to reset the password for shared cPanel hosting account from client site.

1st) You can reset password via email but as you mentioned this option already closed by your hosting provider

2nd) Send an E-mail to your hosting provider but as you mentioned they are not replying :mad:

As your both options are closed then NO, simply no one can help you here. Try to contact your hosting provider on live chat if they have any "now its all depend on your luck". There for every one who read this thread take a note that when ever we select hosting provider first check if hosting provider providing support 24x7x365 or not, as well as check reviews. Do not think about how much it will cost you.

cPanelJared likes this.
  6. Praveer

Praveer Registered

Hello thanks for replying all,
    The webhost I am using in freewebhostingworld, As I am currently studying I cannot afford to take paid hosting. The webhost lives in Singapore. I called him thrice, but all the time it goes unattended. I dont know whether it a mobile or a landline/fixedline number. Name is Charles Wee.

Regards