Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel plugin bash

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Havri, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Havri

Havri Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am trying to make a cPanel plugin that our users can use to run some specific bash commands. For now, I managed to create the cPanel plugin from WHM -> cPanel Plugin File Generator and managed to install it in cPanel. What i cannot do is run bash commands from within the cPanel plugin. I have a file named "bash_cpanel.sh" that only does some basic bash commands (for testing purposes):

Code:
    [root@mycpanelserver my_plugin]# cat bash_cpanel.sh
    #!/bin/bash

## Only for testing purposes

pwd ; ls -al / ;

Screenshot_2017-12-15_14-18-45.png

It only displays the code from within the bash script and does not run anything. Is there something that needs to be done to run a bash script from within a custom cPanel plugin?

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

It looks like you only created a plugin interface. You'd need to create the actual cPanel plugin using the instructions at:

Guide to cPanel Plugins - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Ensure to go through each specific step and the corresponding documentation links within the above document (you will see examples of how to include a custom PHP or Perl script).

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...