The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Pro Version 1 Released (1)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kship, Oct 29, 2004.

1. kship

kship Member

in WHM news it says for 9.9.7:

cPanel Pro has version 1.0 released. This is the 1st non beta version of cPanel Pro and includes some very nice features for end users (BoxTrapper, Image Manager,and leech protection) along with some nice tie ins for developers.

Where can I see this?

Thanks,
    ken.
    :D

2. [ah] phu

[ah] phu Member

update softwares in whm... it will install the lastest

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Looks like a mistake to me. I'm up to the latest EDGE and it still says 1.0rc2.8 for cPanel Pro. One or the other is probably wrong.

4. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

This is in cPanel/WHM News Section :

cPanel Pro has version 1.0 released. This is the 1st non beta version of cPanel Pro and includes some very nice features for end users (BoxTrapper, Image Manager,and leech protection) along with some nice tie ins for developers.

Anup

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes, I see that in WHM news too. But according to upcp and under the Addon Modules menu in WHM it still says 1.0rc2.8 on latest EDGE. Are you seeing something different?

6. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

its saying the same in my WHM :
    Name: pro
    Author: cPanel Inc.
    Version: 1.0rc2.8
    Description: cPanel Pro (requires license from http://pro.cpanel.net/activate) !!BETA VERSION!! :p

although am just running cPanel 9.9.8-R5 ;)

7. ntfx

ntfx Member

pro version:1.0rc2.8 here and im using WHM 9.9.8 cPanel 9.9.8-E52

8. hostricity

hostricity Active Member

I'm really, really, really, stupid

There are lots of people asking where to find information about CPanel Pro features and documentation.

But, I haven't been able to find anything. API? What's that? Appalachian Programmers are Ignorant?

Let me see if I understand the situation: I am an un-educated red-neck boob from Texas which is a Red-State. We are so stoopid we all voted for George Bush down here. All the people asking for basic information must also be ignornant Red-State boobs.

But, you, intelligent, well-educated, and elitist Blue-staters are so brilliant that you need no documentation and no specification of the features.

So, you just tease us Red-Staters by telling us that there are feature lists and documentation for CPanel Pro here. But the information doesn't really exist.

You blue-staters are effete, impudent, intellectual snobs and you're just plain mean and hateful to us stooopid and ignorant Red-Staters. (We Red-Staters know that you guys are immoral Satan worshippers otherwise you wouldn't be so mean to us.)

So, you're just teasing us about this CPanel Pro stuff? Right?

I guess I'm not as stooopid as I thought.

If you find any human decency or kindness in your hearts, maybe you could take some pity on us stooopid people and tell us where to find some feature information and documentation.

I know that I am reeeeeeally stoooopid. So, please don't ridicule me for having the totally unjustified arrogance to make a suggestion.

But, I'll do it anyway. Please don't beat me...

How about setting up a CPanel Pro section on this bulletin board so that those of us who are toooo stooopid (and have minds toooo weak to work through the search results) will have one place to go to look at CPanel Pro stuff?

I'd like to try some of the CPanel Pro features, but, I'm afraid of frying my production system And, being really, really, stooopid, I wouldn't know how to fix it if I broke my system. And, without really knowing what the features are, I don't want to risk it.

You know what? I may actually be smarter than some of the people working on CPanel Pro because all I see on the forums is posts about how stuff doesn't work. At least, I have the sense to not install it until it actually works.

Jefthro Bumblebutt

9. DogTags

DogTags Active Member

Hi

You'll find in WHM a section in the left nav called 'Addon Modules'. It's down toward the bottom. If you click that, you'll see a bunch of addons come up in the right pane. In there, you'll see the cpanelpro stuff. You first have to get their free license. I believe the Addon Modules cpanelpro link will take you to that location, too. All in all, it was easy to get this working. Cheers :)

10. hostricity

hostricity Active Member

Thanks, but...

Yes, I know about the installation.

What I want to know is:

1. What are the features of the various modules.

2. What bugs exist in the modules.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to understand that people might want to know about these things BEFORE installing CPanel Pro on their systems.

Geoff

11. ntwaddel

ntwaddel Well-Known Member

so does anyone actually have their confirmation messages working in cpanel?

12. kship

kship Member

cpanel pro install

Ok i finally saw addon modules but had to load whm theme "x" addon modules was not showing in "xskin" it is installed but how do i assign it to a clients cpanel? when trying to modify an account the pro is not an option in the drop down list??

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    ken.