The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BahBah, Mar 9, 2005.

1. BahBah

BahBah Active Member

So, I've activated a Pro licence on my servers IP. Yet when I go into the addon modules section of WHM and try and install Pro I get:

Sorry, you must get a license for cPanel Pro before installing it

Any ideas ? This is driving me nuts - I need that clamav connector

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Go back to http://pro.cpanel.net/activate/ enter the IP again and make sure it says already registered. Make sure you are using the same IP that is licensed for cpanel ( your main server IP ). What version and build of cpanel are you using ? Perhaps try updating, even if it is the latest of your build ? Sometimes a force update is required to clear certain issues. It does no harm, it just re-syncs cpanels binaries. You can do this by running /scripts/upcp --force then try installing the pro module via WHM again. Make sure to install the Pro module BEFORE any other modules listed as some require that module to be installed before they can install themselves.

Failing that, contact your cpanel distributor to see if they can find a reason why its not working. If they can't they'll probably then want to submit a bug report: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net and / or a support request ticket to get cPanels immediate attention to the subject.

3. BahBah

BahBah Active Member

Thanks for your reply :)

I am running WHM 10.0.0 cPanel 10.0.0-R146

and yes I have confirmed my IP has been activated. I have also (thanks to your post) just run the force update and still have the problem unfortunately.

Sorry, you must get a license for cPanel Pro before installing it.

Thanks again for your help, but any more suggestions ? Do I need to open a specific port for the ip check ?

4. BahBah

BahBah Active Member

I needed to open TCP port 6277 for cPanel licensing and now Pro has installed perfectly :)

Thanks for your help

5. jafamom

jafamom Registered

pro license

how do i get the cpanel pro license?

6. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

This should help, it was mentioned above.

7. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

BahBah, I am not so sure this is the solution. We were getting the error on one server, while our others updated without error. Not one of the servers (even the one's that did not give a license error) have port 6277 open.

I solved the problem on the particular server by uninstalling the cPanel Pro addon module, and installing it again. After that I could update ClamAV without error.