The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Problem - Host blames you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RCH-WebHosting, Aug 27, 2007.

1. RCH-WebHosting

RCH-WebHosting Registered

My cPanel has recently been upgraded, and since then, a number of errors has happened.
    I own a WHM, and when I create any new accounts, clients are not able to set contact email, it states that it has been set, and when you return to the cPanel homepage, it still says Contact information not set.
    Another problem that occurs is when creating webmail accounts. I do the norm, and then it comes to the "submit" stage, and cPanel reads "The e-mail account chris.king@rch-webhosting.info with the login Permission denied: /home/rch/etc/rch-webhosting.info/passwd passwd and password **removed** with a quota of 10 Megabytes was successfully created."
    I am being told that permission has been denied.
    I also try to gain access to file manager, and get this message:
    "Internal Error, can't find that folder : " so not only am I unable to use Fantastico and email, but I am unable to access public_html, which is obviously a problem for a webhost.
    Also, when I try to gain access to my domain, via FireFox (www.RCH-Webhosting.info) I receive the "FORBIDDEN - Access Denied" message.
    I have spoken to my host, who has since emailed cPanel, and he says there is an error bug in the latest version.
    I was wondering if there is any truth in the matter, and if so, when the problem will be sorted, because until it is, I cannot sell accounts due to feedback I am sure I will receive.

Any replies would be greatful, swift would be appriciated.

Many thanks.

Chris King
    RCH-WebHosting, CEO

2. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

sounds more like there is an issue with your hosts server, cPanel works fine under stable, release and current .
    i guess its easy to blame others ;)

3. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you're looking for a guaranteed resolution to the problem, especially a 'swift' one, you need to consider actually opening a support ticket with Cpanel (if you purchased Cpanel directly through them) or with the place where you purchased Cpanel.

These aren't official support forums.

Mike

4. RCH-WebHosting

RCH-WebHosting Registered

Okay thanks.

My host said he has already opened a ticket.

I said he has 24 hours to sort the problem, otherwise I'll choose a different host.

I think he's only about 14, judging by the way he types on MSN Messenger, but saying that, I'm only 13.

Thanks for everything!