The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel problem on Virtuozzo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manokiss, Jan 20, 2005.

1. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Wondering if someone that have cpanel installed on a VPS have the same problem.

After we ran cpanel installation perl-cpan and perl-dbd-mysql are not installed and we see the following error, wondering how many other modules has not been installed also:

Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 . /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/perl) at /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd line 43.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd line 43.
    Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximstats line 258.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximstats line 258.

Also, going to "Install an RPM" option at WHM there are nothing listed, is blank.

Any idea?

2. netwrkr

netwrkr Well-Known Member

I too see this issue on our Virtuozzo cpanel based installs. The work around we use is to install the mySQL v3 template included with the OS. When cpanel does the install it sees v3 and does an upgrade to v4. I'm not sure why it would not see mysql missing entirely and just do a fresh v4 install but....that is what works for us.

3. manokiss

Thank you!

but is not working for us :(

If someone else know a solution we will appreciate it.

For some reason perl-cpan and perl-dbd-mysql is not being istalled in the cpanel installation process.

4. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

/scripts/perlinstaller DBD::mysql

5. manokiss

nope, same error:

[root@test3 cpins]# /scripts/perlinstaller DBD::mysql
    Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 . /scripts /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin) at /scripts/realperlinstaller line 15.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /scripts/realperlinstaller line 15.