The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxcorrosionxx, Jun 18, 2011.

1. xxcorrosionxx

xxcorrosionxx Registered

Hello,

I have bought some webhosting from a company, and when i go to the Cpanel login of my website it redirect's me to firefox's page saying:

unable to connect

On google chrome it would redirect to some page saying oops cannot find link, Now, when i go to other people's cpanel it does the same thing. But, this error i was having is gone, i just wanted to know the source of why it was saying it. I asked an online friend to go to my website's Cpanel and he said it loaded just fine for him. So, i am wondering what was the issue.

I am running Ubuntu 11.04 Lucid, with firefox web browser. I currently have an add-on called: adblock plus which block's google ad's, and other one's. I am using a USB wifi card.

Only thing i could say may be the reason is the Cpanel Host wasn't picking up my DNS, or it doesn't read on google chrome? I am not sure, hopefully i can get a sophisticated answer behind this.

Regard's,

xxcorrosionxx

P.s: Cpanel Has got the best script on the net!

2. RaptorUK

RaptorUK Member

If you were using your Domain in the address you were trying to access your cPanel by then perhaps the DNS was still being "sorted out" . . it can take some time to propagate.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Does cPanel load if you try the IP for the site instead? You should have gotten details from your hosting provider that might well include either the server's hostname or IP. If you aren't certain on how to get into your cPanel, you can also always contact your hosting provider. They would have your actual account details, which we wouldn't have on the forum here.

Another possibility is that your computer's firewall doesn't allow port 2082 or 2083 connections and has those blocked. If that's the case, you can try https://IP#/cpanel or https://domain.com/cpanel where IP# is the server's IP number or domain.com is the server's hostname or your domain name. If that does work, while the url with :2083 does not work, this would indicate port 2083 is blocked on your computer firewall.