The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel problems after restore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oelke, Aug 2, 2003.

1. oelke

oelke Member

Hi,

so far CPanel always worked fine on my server but yesterday a Kernel upgrade resulted in a non bootable drive and I had my drive restored and copied over some data from the non-bootable drive.
    Now several things don't work like they used to work and I hope perhaps someone here is able to help me fix it.

1. The mail forwarders for each domain aren't listed in the CPanel when you click on forwarders. It simply shows nothing although the valiases file exists and has the correct group (domain:mail). It actually works as it should but they just aren't listed and because of that no one can edit or remove them anymore.

2. All the main catch-all accounts for all domains stopped receiving mails. Mails send to these accounts result in the following message: "The recipient xxx@domain.com had permanent fatal errors. While talking to xx.xx.xx.xx;
    451 Temporary local problem - please try later".
    Also when I try to edit the catch-all in CPanel for a domain it just shows "All unrouted mail will be sent to:
    Fatal! Write Failure: /domain.com. Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!" in the Default Address Maintenance.
    I'm able to check these adresses in Outlook Express (just no mails there) but I'm also not able to send mails out. He throws no error just wants a login although he already has the correct username/password. This works fine for every normal email account just not for the catch-all.

3. phpmyadmin just results in a blank page.

4. I can't login through the ssl version of WHM or CPanel through ports 2087 or 2083 anymore. The firewall isn't blocking them it seems the cpanel ssl stuff just isn't working.
    Restarting cpanel shows cpanel ssl started succesful but it obviously didn't. With the next restart it shows a failure in shutting down cpanel ssl. So there's probably a problem there.
    Normal ssl is working.

Any suggestions on how to fix these problems?

Best Regards,
    Andreas

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try running /scripts/upcp to update to the newest build, it should fix atleast some errors for you.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: