The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel proxy feature + mod_proxy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vanessa, Jul 23, 2008.

1. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This was an easy one with fresh Apache compiles...but what about servers that were set up before the proxy feature in cpanel was available? Looking at a new server running Apache 2, there are 6 proxy modules loaded:

mod_proxy.c
    mod_proxy_connect.c
    mod_proxy_ftp.c
    mod_proxy_http.c
    mod_proxy_ajp.c
    mod_proxy_balancer.c

We have servers though that are running Apache 1.3.x that do not have mod_proxy installed, and though I've installed mod_proxy manually and it is loading properly the proxy feature in cPanel still does not work as it does on the servers that were compiled with mod_proxy in EA. However, the servers are in a mature state to where I would not be able to completely recompile apache in order to add mod_proxy. So my question is, if mod_proxy alone is not responsible for the proxy feature in cPanel, which of the above modules is/are? Has anyone gotten this feature to work on an existing apache build without having to recompile?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you mind opening a complimentary ticket at https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/ marked ATTN: QA Proxy Access

Other than that, have you tested mod_proxy to ensure it works? Try setting up a VirtualHost that makes use of mod_proxy for some custom redirects. If it works, then the problem shouldn't be mod_proxy.

3. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes, mod_proxy works as I tested it before to make sure it wasn't malfunctioning. It works with mongrel/rails but since the server whos cpanel proxies do work have a few more loaded, i wanted to see which ones I needed to install because some are not as easily added to existing installations of apache 1.3. I'll open a ticket on the question as suggested

Thanks!