The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Query

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr2jzgte, Aug 12, 2004.

1. mr2jzgte

mr2jzgte Well-Known Member

Quick question... Someone may be able to help me out...

How configurable is cpanel in regards to location of scripts / config files / home dirs etc and where is the account info held.. In mysql?

I can find most of this out myself but it will take time.. was hoping someone may be able to fast track this...

The general idea is to achieve the following goals

Have Only the cpanel app apache/cpanel/exim/bind/ftp running on the server with all the data storage done on a network attached cluster of file servers...

This way we can also duplicate the application servers and spread the load over the 2...

anyone wanting to help me out or wanting info on the project can contact me via james@austdomains.com.au

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Hi James,

You can specify where the user accounts (their web space and users data files, etc) are stored within WHM. Normally it's placed in the /home partition, so if you make that an NFS mount then that should work for you.

The actual WHM/cPanel account data (i.e. simply the account settings) is stored in a small flat file in:
    /var/cpanel/users/[username]

3. mr2jzgte

mr2jzgte Well-Known Member

That makes things a lot easier...

The mysql side of things is going to be the fun bit i think...

Lot more research to get done in this... Out of curiousity anyone actually interested in the this setup other than me?