The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel rejecting .eml attachments

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jallen, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jallen

jallen Registered

I know of all the reasons to block .eml. But I am not in a position to do so.

So onward:

I need to be able to forward email as .eml (Outlook & Thunderbird), but Cpanel bounces them back. I was able to temporarily solve that by removing eml from bad attachments in this file:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/etc/exim/sysfilter/options/attachments

(I did a search and removed eml)

Then a few days later, these attachments are back in that file.

I just discovered ANOTHER file:

Code:
    /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter
    Which looks very much like the attachments file. So I think by not editing the latter, the former got overwrote. I'm not sure what the relationship of these two files are, so I am hoping someone can clue me in.

I do have "ASSP Deluxe for CPanel" But this is happening on exim level not ASSP.

Tim

ps: this is on a Redhat 4 machine.

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In future Cpanel updates, /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter may get overwritten if you edit it.

Solution:

1. cp /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_custom

2. Then edit /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_custom and remove the eml| from the four noncommented lines that reference it.

3. Then log into WHM, click on Exim Configuration Editor, and change the system filter at the bottom from /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter to /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_custom . Save the changes

Now Cpanel will use /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter_custom, which if properly edited to remove the 'eml|' references in the particular lines will allow EML attachments to go through in the future.

Downside:

If Cpanel updates /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter, you won't benefit from the changes.

Mike

3. shacker23

shacker23 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got a recipe for making changes like this that only apply to one domain or account, rather than to the whole server config? Thanks.

4. webstyler

webstyler Well-Known Member

Interesting question.. anyone solved ?

Tx