The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel reporting bad dns info?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by agentblack, Mar 9, 2010.

1. agentblack

agentblack Well-Known Member

ok so this is going to be a totally weird problem and it just started last monday. since last monday a website that was hosted on my cpanel server has been having some dns issues. when checked against intodns.com the parent nameservers are sending out bad info but i have barked up all kinds of different tree's and no one can seem to answer the problem/question.

the problem is this. the website was hosted on my cpanel server for a short while then moved to its own server in 2008. since then i have deleted everything off the cpanel machine in regards to this account, however, some reason the cpanel machine has been spitting out dns info about the website, and its got the whole darn thing hosed up.

ive asked the domain registar to look into the matter because thats where i've been directed by several people. they looked into it, and said its the host showing:

"Please contact your current hosting provider and have them remove any nameservers not related to your current hosting account."

however when i go into whm i see NOTHING related to this website at all, and i am unable to fix it. ive asked the datacenter to check their parent NS to make sure its reporting correct info but they wont respond.

im at a loss as to what to do. any thoughts/suggestions?

2. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Is your server still acting as the DNS host for the domain in question? That would be a good starting point to determine where to look for the problem. Check the nameserver records at the registrar and see where they point. If they are still at your cPanel server, then you are serving records for that domain and you need to either get them to change those master nameservers if you don't want to continue doing DNS hosting for that domain.

3. agentblack

agentblack Well-Known Member

well i thought that as well, but i think we got it resolved. The domain registar did something on their backend which completely hosed all of the dns settings.

the domain in question hasnt been hosted on my cpanel server since 2008, however whatever the domain registar did reverted the dns settings back to a 2008 template. strangest darn thing in the world. When i moved the domain off my cpanel box to a VPS i deleted everything about that domain off my cpanel box.

strange i say.. just very strange..