The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel Reseller Feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by primatology, Jul 27, 2010.

1. primatology

primatology Registered

Hey guys,

I just bought a reseller account, and I'm having a little trouble trying to use it. I've created an account via WHM for a client who needs access to the file manager and webmail, but anything more would be intimidating. I've limited the features for his account through a package, and everything seemed to work perfectly.

However, I'm unsure as to how I'm supposed to administer the account now. For example, if I need to set him up with a MySQL database? Apparently limiting his account with the Feature List means those features are completely inaccessible, even to me. (And please don't suggest "upload a local copy of PHPMyAdmin," that's just an inexcusable solution.)

Am I missing something, or is CPanel really this limited?

Thanks in advance!

#1 primatology, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

Why do you want to limit an account, They cannot do any harm via cPanel.

Now, It all depends on the packages you give them but its all pretty much enabled on me. Now yes if you logon to the clients phpadmin it says your not allowed via root usually but the easy way is in the WHM itself click SQL and then click MYPHPADMIN, This way you can control / edit any databases there, Even upload to it.

Have a look here for some great help.

PS, I forgot to say that you the reseller owner may be limited yourself ! You need to check within your hosting provider.

3. primatology

primatology Registered

I know they can't do anything hugely damaging, but the client would be seriously overwhelmed by the standard set of options. Plus, my host unfortunately disables access to WHM's phpMA (security reasons?), meaning all MySQL administration must be done through cPanel.

Regardless of my reasons for doing so, is there a way to disable access to a feature for one of my subaccounts, while still allowing me access?

4. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

No - If you make an account in WHM - Then that user you created can only do things in cPanel, They cannot get WHM access.

They cant do anything seriously, No damage or nothing - If you login to the clients cPanel and then enter phpmyadmin then it will not allow you anyway.

5. primatology

primatology Registered

Sorry, I'm not sure if you understand what I'm asking. I don't want my subaccounts to have WHM access. I want to create cPanel accounts for them, with a limited feature set. However, when I log in to that account's cPanel, I want access to the features I've disabled. (I know they can't do much damage, but I'd still like certain features disabled.)

If this isn't possible, it seems like a rather huge oversight on cPanel's part.