The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Reseller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xanthate, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Xanthate

Xanthate Member

I setup a reseller account for someone on a different IP address. Now this person has setup an account for a client on it. The clients domain name has propogated but when you try to access it, it goes the the website of the reseller.

Now, When I go to my ip directly on the web browzer, it goes to the apache test page, but when I go to the resellers IP, it goes straight to his website... Do you think this could be the problem? If so how do I fix it?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Xanthate

Xanthate Member

Does no one know the answer to this?

3. Peoplespaces

Peoplespaces Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In WHM you or your host has to go to the "RESELLER CENTER" and change the option on "Manage Reseller Main Shared/ IPless IP" to the appropriate IP Address.

4. techark

techark Well-Known Member

When using the shared IP for a reseller the first site created on that IP is the defualt site. IE: enter the IP address and that is the site you will see.

To combat this set up a dummy account first using that IP and create a special web page for it or upload the Apache test page if that is what you want, then anyone that enters the IP will get that page instead of someone elses.

If you are still seeing the Apache page chaances are it is has not fully propagated yet give it a few more hours. Also double check the DNS zone for the domain and the VH set up in httpd.conf.

#4 techark, Sep 22, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2003