cPanel Reset Option for End Users

sajithgsm

Jun 9, 2020
Sri Lanka
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi There,

Is it not good to have a cPanel Reset (Set back to default and fresh) option for cPanel End Users?

Then he can always make his cPanel again to a fresh cPanel if he needs to remove everything and start again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AzeDK

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! For an individual cPanel user, can you let me know the advantage of such a reset function over just deleting the content manually? This question does come up once in a while, but deleting the content and emails is usually all most users need to do to get back to a fresh start.

sajithgsm

Jun 9, 2020
Sri Lanka
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes. you are right. But sometimes cpanel will showing Other usages on cPanel > Disk Usage and that can not be removed. so that's why I suggest that option. Some users mistakenly deleted some files and they will get unknown errors sometimes and need to recreate the cpanels again to fix it.

Reactions: AzeDK

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That's a good point - however, depending on where exactly that other usage is, a user may or may not have control over it. For example, if an admin unzipped a backup file in /backup, the files in /backup/date/username/homedir would be owned by the user, but they wouldn't be able to remove those.

AzeDK

Jul 14, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We would like a reset function too, our users are not advanced enough to do it manually, and they often delete the cpanel needed folders, causing extra headache for support.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is a very old feature request for a reset option, but it only has 11 votes in 8 years:

At this point, I'm not aware of any plans to implement that.