Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel restore fails to show addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WebzPro, Sep 24, 2017.

1. WebzPro

WebzPro Active Member

I went through this when moving clients to another server. Now it has happened on a simple restore on the same server. I thought it was just odd occurrence because it never happened before.

I terminated a user, retained the DNS zone on the option when terminating the account. I restored the account and not a single one on of the addon domains were added back to cPanel under the users account. All of the files for the addon domains were restored so why is the restore failing to show the add on domains in the users cPanel account yet restores all the files for the addon domains properly. All the DNS zones so correctly. The main account so proper entries and each addon domain has a proper and correct DNS file for each.

This is the errors that are coming back on the restore.

Warning: The domain “subdomain.example.com” is not managed on this server. You must specify an IP address to install SSL for “subdomain.example.com” or set up this domain on a new account, or create it as parked domain, a subdomain, or an addon domain of an existing account, and try again.

Skipped: The “Domains” restore module failed because of an error: Failed to fetch userdata for “soobiesu” at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHP/Config.pm line 312.
    Dangerous: Rejecting invalid log file: logs/subdomain.example.com-ssl_log

#1 WebzPro, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2017
  2. WebzPro

WebzPro Active Member

One side note.

If you use restorepkg script through shell it does restore all the addon domains and sub-domains properly.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

4. p.jiraphat

p.jiraphat Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Thank WebzPro for solution with restorepkg.

I've also encounter this issue, at first i thought this issue is cause by autossl and had try many approach such as restore without subdomain , disable autossl , older backup file but none of restored website are working. And found that problem is restore process not add virtual host for restore domain in httpd.conf so just restore normally and run /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf. but again today another server trying to restore some website with no autossl still encouter this issuse ,so this maybe some bug in cPanel?

This 2 case are on centos 6.9 and cPanel v66.0.23.

Attached Files:

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We are investigating the issue as part of ticket number 8896333. I'll monitor the support ticket and update this thread with the outcome once it's complete.

Thank you.

6. WebzPro

WebzPro Active Member

cPanel created internal bug report regarding this issue, full reply we received was as follows:

---CUT---
    Thanks for holding for me. I went ahead and created the following case to address this issue. That case ID is CPANEL-16116.

This does outline the behavior noticed in your ticket where the restore section of the WHM interface is not readding the addon domains, but the script to restore the account is working without any issues. For now, restoring this through the commandline will take care of it.

You can refer to our changelog at changelog.cpanel.net to see when this is added to our product.
    ---CUT---

cPanelMichael likes this.
  7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Internal case CPANEL-16116 is open to address an issue where addon domain names are not always restored when restoring an account through WHM in cPanel version 66. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to restore the account via the command line. EX:

Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg /path/to/backup.tar.gz
    Thank you.