The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel routinely restarting MySQL?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by JBES, Jan 9, 2016.

1. JBES

JBES Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I have been having ongoing discussions with my host regarding MySQL restarts extremely frequently - 8 times in the past 5 weeks - causing about 6 minutes of downtime resulting in multiple MySQL Error 2002 each time. Obviously this in turn leads to pages that don't load, transactions that don't go through, lost clients, etc. Add to this how incompetent it makes both myself and them look.

Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (2002)

As MySQL is a mission critical database service and is designed to run for months or years between restarts, obviously I do not consider this reasonable when I am paying large sums for reliable always-on hosting and due to this I opened a ticket with them shortly after this starting happening.

After these 5 weeks of them doing just about all they can to avoid the issue, they have directly blamed CPanel for this with the statement below. It is possibly they are even confusing CPanel with WHM but could I simply have clarification as to whether it actually is CPanel or WHM doing this, and if so, briefly why?

Here is their response to me, quoted:
    Thank you in advance for your replies.

#1 JBES, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    Ameya Barwe likes this.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you able to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. JBES

JBES Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I am unable to do this as I don't have the required information regarding the hosting server for opening a ticket.

Rather than needing to be specific, my query is a general query regarding the behaviour of CPanel as my host has bluntly refused to look into the matter from the outset. I highly suspect the problem is with them and, of course, they have pointed their finger at CPanel.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    While MySQL is up on that server it might be time to grab a proper backup and go find a more reliable Hosting Provider. I just happen to know where you can start your search, too:
    cPanel Hosting Partner Directory

Good luck! :)