The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel says MySQL is offline, but everything else work fine (website, phpmyadmin, ..)

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by orditeck, Jul 19, 2011.

1. orditeck

orditeck Registered

Hi,

I wanted to add a new database on my cPanel this morning, and got that error:
    The MySQL® server is currently offline.

All websites work well, they can all access to their databases. I can also access to phpMyAdmin (also root phpMyAdmin from WHM).

I tried to restart my MySQL server, then checked the running process (ps aux | grep mysql) and everything look just fine.

I have read a lot on Google, and found that changing the root password is a common fix. However, it didn't work for me.
    In fact, I arrived on that page and tried both solutions: Cpanel mysql server is currently offline | Host Outcast

But the error message still shows up.

Do you have any idea?
    I was considering opening a cPanel support ticket, but I'm trying on the forum first. I'm also wondering, is the cPanel support free of charge?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    - Keven

#1 orditeck, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

Re: cPanel says MySQL is offline, but everything else work fine (website, phpmyadmin,

yes for cpanel errors you can contact the support team via ticket.
    it is free of charge but if you want to give priority to your ticket there is an annual fee

3. orditeck

orditeck Registered

Re: cPanel says MySQL is offline, but everything else work fine (website, phpmyadmin,

It seems to works fine now... and I've no idea why, which is kinda frustating.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Next time it happens, check if you can enter MySQL via the command line in root SSH as well:

Code:
    mysql
    Also, see if mysqladmin returns a process list:

Code:
    mysqladmin proc
    If those both work, I would then check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for any possible errors when loading the page displaying that the MySQL server is offline, which I presume was cPanel > MySQL Databases area? It wasn't noted where that message was appearing previously.