The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel secure redirect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rligg, Mar 15, 2004.

1. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

It's all well and good that cpanel has the secure redirect scripts so that we can force of users to log into cpanel, WHM and webmail securely. However, being that this will cause a ssl mismatch popup error for users that don't have their own ssl certificate, this seems to be limited.

Has anyone modified these secure redirect scripts so that they point the user to the secure server name where your server wide ssl certificate resides? This would allow your users to login securely without any error messages.

I tried editing the secure redirect scripts, but have not been able to get them to work. Anyone have success with this. I would assume most would prefer to do it this way. Makes sense to me anyway. Thanks.

2. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

nobody has come up with a solution for this?

3. DomineauX

DomineauX Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I second this question. Anyone figure out a way to make domain.com/cpanel redirect to:https://server.hostname.com:2083 so as to allow the WHM/Cpanel/Webmail server wide SSL cert to not give the users warnings?

4. mitu

mitu Member

I'm also having this problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

5. pfmartin

pfmartin Well-Known Member

I don´t have access to the script so I can´t give the specifics at the moment, but the principal is fairly straighforward.

Edit the whmredirect.cgi file. Hard code your servername for the redirect instead of using the incoming HTTP_SERVER as the redirect to host.

As soon as I have access (get out of my firewalled client's office :) ) I will post the solution.

Oh, and you want to chattr +i the file so that cpanel updates don't wipe away your changes.

I hope this helps.